Thank you for registering to support the Retail Orphan Initiative.
In order to install the script in your store you simply need to copy the two lines below and paste them directly into your checkout.
1. Copy the 2 lines above.
2. Go to your store manager and click on the Checkout Manager Link
3. Click on Page Configuration (which will bring you to the shopping cart page settings)
4. Paste the 2 lines in the page message box as is.
5. Now save and the script is ready to go.
There are now two other requirements in order to make sure the script works and can add the proper item to the cart.
First, in Checkout Manager go to the Advanced Settings, scroll to the bottom and make sure the option to "Allow items with unrecognized options to be added to the shopping cart" is checked and check the agreement box below as well. Make sure to save.
Lastly, in your store you must create a new donation item. The name can be whatever you want but the key information is that it must be orderable, must have a price of 0.01 and the ID of the page must be donation-item. You can go to the contents page in the editor or add in catalog manager so you can assign the correct item id.
Once you have added the item you will need to publish your store and publish checkout and it should be ready to go.
Advanced Script Installation Instructions
First, you will need to download the files below and upload them to the files section of your store (or other hosting). If you are already running jQuery on your checkout pages, you will not need that file. :
Once you have uploaded these to the files section (or other hosting), simply change the references in the two script calls in checkout manager to the new location.
You can now modify the yswDonation.css file as you desire for color and graphic changes.
For changing the text you can modify the yswDonation object properties (example below) to change the minimum donation amount, default donation amount (when the round up is below the minimum), donation title, more information box title, thank you message and donation description text. Simply add a script tag following the 2 standard script tags and set the properties as needed.
* Terms and Conditions: State and Federal Law requires certain reporting and accounting procedures be maintained when accepting donations for charity. Before using this code you agree that will complete an agreement with the Retail Orphan Initiative. The code is free and access to the code does not constitute an agreement with RetailROI or a relationship with YourStoreWizards.com Use of the code is subject to all applicable laws.
We fully support any templates or features purchased from, or installed by Your Store Wizards.
Your Store Wizards cannot be held liable for any damages caused by using the template transfer utility improperly or by improper use of any self installed templates. We have never had an issue but need the legalese for anyone who might use a screwdriver to hammer a nail.
Made With Love in California Ladera Ranch
[toll free] (877) ysWizards (877) 979-4927