Everyone knows that the basic Yahoo Store presents titles as Images. Images are good because you know how they are going to appear on all monitors and operating systems but they do very little for search engines and they slow down the speed that your site loads.
Most likely your page title has the most important keywords, therefore, it would be good for search engines to see this. Search engines also give higher weight to text that is larger on the page since it is more prevalent. The reasoning for this is since the website designer made those words larger then the rest of the text they must be really important.
In this template the titles are created as <H1> text controlled by CSS.
To install the template:
First, save the files listed below and upload the yst-text-title.rtml file with the template upload program.
Then follow the steps below:
1. Go into the Advanced Editor of your Yahoo Store
2. Open your copy of the Head template (yourstore-head)
3. Click the NEW button and create a CALL statement. Click CREATE.
4. Find the first instance of the following code:
IMAGE source textim
5. Click on the IMAGE operator
6. Click REPLACE
7. Click EDIT
8. In the box next to the CALL put in ":yst-text-title" (without the quotes) and hit UPDATE
9. Click the NEW button. In the text field type "text" (without the quotes) and click CREATE
10. Click PASTE WITHIN to move the text operator within your CALL statement
11. Now click back on the CALL operator you just created (should be just above the text value which is now selected)
12. Click COPY to copy the entire CALL you just created.
13. Now find the next piece of code like: IMAGE source textim
14. Click on the IMAGE operator
15. Click REPLACE
16. Now Repeat steps 12-15 for the last IMAGE source textim
17. Now copy the contents of the head-tags.txt file into your head-tags variable. You can now control the size, font, and color of the item names by changing the values in the CSS in the head tags.
18. If you want to remove the extra spacing caused by the H tags then simply click on the first LINEBREAK beneath each new CALL and then hit EDIT and change the NUMBER parameter to 0
To download the files simply right click on the following link and use the "Save as" option to save it to a folder
We fully support any templates or features purchased from, or installed by Your Store Wizards.
Your Store Wizards cannot be held liable for any damages caused by using the template transfer utility improperly or by improper use of any self installed templates. We have never had an issue but need the legalese for anyone who might use a screwdriver to hammer a nail.
Made With Love in California Ladera Ranch
[toll free] (877) ysWizards (877) 979-4927